The summer holiday essential list could actually go on and I will continue to update it with product reviews, as new travel products come onto the market. Especially when traveling to a hot and sunny place there are so many things you need to remember to bring. However, as I know time is of the essence when you are a Mom I kept this one short and listed a few important/essential items to help new mothers and/or mothers to be pack for their summer holidays.
Please also do not forget to check out our other blog with the our recommended basic baby travel essentials here.
Baby Summer Holiday Essentials
- Swimsuit or wetsuit.
- Reusable swim diaper/nappy. I personally prefer the reusable nappy as it takes up a lot less space than if I was to bring a pack of disposable nappies.
- Baby friendly sunscreen (from 3 months & up). Our daughter has bad eczema so I need to buy one for sensitive skin but all the baby sunscreens are quite good and especially made for sensitive skin. The brands we use are the ones from the Honest company or Boo Bamboo.
- Baby friendly mosquito spray (from 3 months & up) Babyganics or the Honest Company have good ones. Alternatively, remember to bring the mosquito net that comes with the pram.
- Sun hat & swim hat
- Slip free baby shoes for the pool or beach
- A Sippy Cup – so that they are always hydrated.
- Baby inflatable & an umbrella/tent. There are some inflatables that have a cover to cover the babies head.
- Babyganics dish soap bottle cleaner (not essential but good to have if you started weaning & bottle feeding.
- Babyganics travel size stain eraser (not essential items, but good to have as babies get really messy when eating 🙂
- A towel – but not essential if you are staying in a hotel
- Snacks are always a must for me, whether baby or toddler – for the warmer climates we normally tend to buy a lot of fruits/veggies as they contain water to keep them hydrated (watermelon, tangerines, cucumbers, etc. ). When staying in hotels. I always bring 1-2 zip locks to breakfast and fill them up with fruits 😉
Now of course you will find different brands depending on what city and country you live in, but this is just a good guide to follow. I know the honest company and babyganics brands are made for babies over the age of 3 months so if you cannot find such products in your local shops amazon is the best bet to find such items.
Another good thing to remember and to look into is baby vaccinations especially if traveling to South or Central America or Asia make sure your Babies´ vaccinations are up to date.
I hope this will be useful to new Moms or Moms to be.
Happy Baby Happy Travels