Baby Activities on the go….
While I was writing my version of ´what to expect when expecting´ I talked about the fact that I did not realise how important going to baby and mom activities classes are. However, since a lot of my blogs are about traveling and how to improve traveling with Babies I thought I would give a few tips on things to do while you are abroad. And yes you do not necessarily have to bring all their favourite toys. With all the things you need to pack toys should be the last item on the list and if you have space. There are a lot of baby activities you can do while traveling in your city or abroad.
At baby sensory classes they try to combine a range of stimuli to help develop and engage the babies senses. This involves having bright lights , colours, sounds and objects all within the same space, enabling babies to explore and interact without risk.
Children´s brains develop more and faster in the first 5 years than any other time in their lives. While Baby sensory classes are extremely important for their development there are options for those babies who are always on the road….
Attending an Aquarium
- Ever since Havana was 4 months and could hold her head up on her own she loved the Aquarium. I highly recommend taking your baby from the ages of 4 months and up. Especially if you are traveling with a young baby in between the ages of 4 months and 1 year. Babies love the bright colours. At this age they are a little too young to understand what animals are but the bright colours, lights and objects all in one space is an excellent activity while traveling abroad.
- Teaching your baby how to swim from 3 months onwards is probably one of the best and most important skills you can teach your child. On top of it they absolutely love it. It is second nature to them since they were in water in your belly, so do not go thinking they do not like it. Most of them love it and the earlier you start the better. the great thing about swimming for travellers no matter what city or country you go to there will be a swimming pool or beach.
- Not sure what it is about music, but Babies love it and they love to dance and sing. Mostly everyone has a mobile phone with music on it so keep playing those tunes 🙂 Music is just amazing and any time our bubba would be a little upset or tired she would light up and smile as soon as you play any song.
- Everybody knows kids love the Zoo and that the best activity for when travelling abroad, however I believe if your baby is 3 months old going to the Aquarium is a better bet, because of all the bright colours and shapes as their eyesight will not be fully developed at that stage yet as well. As stated in an article on aoa.org “It is not until around the fifth month that the eyes are capable of working together to form a three-dimensional view of the world and begin to see in depth.”
- This is also why Babies become a lot more alert after 6 months and that is when our daughter started taking interest into dogs and other animals. Therefore I would not really recommend spending your money on the Zoo if they are only 3 months old.
Happy Baby Happy Travels